Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Presents and Pretty Yarn

So my stitch night had a party and we did a gift exchange. I got this Noro Retro- I'm so excited! I've never used any Noro before and this seems like a nice one. I mean, it's got angora in it.
I need to find something really special to use it on. Isn't the colour great?



I've really been raiding the discount section at work. This Teddy yarn is super soft. I'm making a cardigan with little ears on it for my adorable little nephew. He's gonna be 1 soon!


These are for various Christmas presents. I only got the two balls of the mulitcolour superwash- I am kicking myself now, because I think they would be awesome and quick to work up socks. The other is a merino blend and it's probably going to be hats. Hats hats hats!

Most likely more of this hat, the Best Guy Hat Ever. It really is. I'm gonna make one in a nice girly colour for me once the holiday is over.
I can't believe I'm not sick of making them yet, but every one is still fun!


Speaking of manly things, I finally wove in the last ends of these mitts awhile ago and just recently handed them over to Andrew as an early christmas present. He's actually been wearing them :D! They look quite nice on him. He says he looks like a hobo, but he likes them.


I also made myself a Boteh scarf out of this Chroma that's been sitting in my stash just waiting for a project. I saw one in a different colourway on the blocking thread over at Rav, and I knew I had to make it. It's finished now and just needs blocking.



This has been put aside for my dress (which fingers crossed I will finish today!) and I think I might need more yarn for it, but I am super excited for it. It's going to be a giant fluffy soft mohair wrap. I'm using Debbie Bliss Angel and Party Angel (basically the sparkly version of the same yarn!) striped in a nice ripple pattern. In hindsight, I probably should have made it less wide to get more length, but I kinda love the ridiculous width. I just don't think I'll have the yarn to make it as long as I want.
Gee darn, more yarn.

3 comments:

  1. So much yummyness. Love the colour of the noro. And your Chroma scarf is devine!

    Also you've inspired me to pick up my hibernating mohair knit, yours looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hullo again, I've passed a blog award onto you: http://omlair.blogspot.com/2011/12/whats-best-way-to-say-omigosh-somebody.html

    ReplyDelete